It's the last day in office for George Bush. There's been a lot of talk in the media lately about Bush's legacy. What do you think he will be most remembered for?
George Dubya Bush?
For pronouncing his name like that.
For starting a war.
For being the guy in charge when all the terrorist attacks happen.
And just for being the one before Obama.
Using one word for each letter of the alphabet, make a list of the words you most associate with yourself or that you feel best describe you.
OK, I'll have a try =)
Eighties, theme for a certain thing =D
Medically inclined =P
Vintage, I love the stuff
If anyone gets any ideas, please help me finish off the list ^_^
So, opinions on the eleventh doctor aka. Matt Smith?
I think he could be ok, looks like quite a good actor so should *fingers crossed* be a good replacement for our soon to be dearly departed David.
Can’t wait to see what they do for his costume =D
You must admit though that his head is shaped kinda like Mr Potato Head. It gets wider at the bottom and just looks very Mr Potato Heady to me…
What is going on with the post formatting thing? I can't do anything on mine, can't even see what I'm typing so apologise for any spelling mistakes. Any ideas on how to correct it?
Many people believe that what you do on New Year's Day sets the tone for your entire year. How did you spend the first day of 2009? Do you think it will influence the rest of the year?
Ok, so I had a crappy New Year =(
I was really ill (we all were) so I was in bed early and woke up every few hours with a fever =/
Happy Christmas Eve Eve!
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy (not forward) this entire post and put it in a new one.
Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Post it up so everyone can reply or repost as they see fit.
Tis the Season to be NICE! HO HO HO
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, much less mess
3. When do you put up the tree? Early December
4. When do you take the tree down? Some time after New Year, varies every time
5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oooh, I dunno, I've had a lot of great ones! =D
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Layla
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, much better and more personal
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmmm...I dunno
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Tha Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I see something I think somebody would like =)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bacon Sandwiches
16. Lights on the tree? Of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hmm, Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney is one of them, I love Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens and of course Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home, Christmas is family time =)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen! And Rudolph of course =P
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a Taz the Tasmanian Devil Hell's Angel... he's so awesome
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning of course!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The TV adverts, they make me dislike whatever songs are used on them because thye're played so much
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Anything =D
24 . Favorite for Christmas dinner? Christmas dinner with all the trimmings!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Ooh, a lot of things
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I don't know, hopefully a couple of people will post it onto theirs
Today is chockfull of celebrity birthdays—Brad Pitt, Keith Richards, Christina Aguilera, and more. What celebrities do you share your birthday with? Do you find any similarities between you and those who share your birthday?
Steve Buscemi - 1957
King Henry IV of France - 1553
Jamie Foxx - 1967
Hide - 1964 (Japanese musician)
Nicholas McCarthy - 1974 (Franz Ferdinand guitarist)
Amy Lee - 1981
And a lot of people I've never heard of, mostly American and/or sports related...
A lot of people love the film It's a Wonderful Life. Some people find it to be not so wonderful. Do you have a favorite holiday-themed movie? And if so, what is it?
I've watched it at least once every Christmas and shall continue to do so.